2016/06/25

WELCOME TO BANFF- and now?

Day 6 - Hello!


Deer roam through Banff
Well, after a long busride I finally arrived in Banff. It's a small town in the Province Alberta in the middle of the Rocky Mountains and Banff Nationalpark. You may think it's a cute small and quiet village in the middle of nowhere? Wrong. It is a very touristy party village in the middle of kinda nowhere. I would recognize that in the upcoming days. But for the moment I've been super excited to meet a very special person again. Lucy, my very best friend, who'd been in Canada since last year. I can sleep on her couch for some nights, till I decide how to move on.




Day 7 - Lake Minnewanka and Two Jack Lake



Lucy showed me the 'Job Resource Centre' today. I want try to get a job in Banff so that I can stay for a while. We want to go on a roadtrip so saving money wouldn't be to bad. This Job Centre is super awesome. The people helped me a lot with my Résumé and explaind how the whole job search thing works. Seeking for a job in Canada is completely different than in Germany. But I'll do my best!!

Lake Minnewanka
Later that day Lucy took me to Lake Minnewanka and Two Jack Lake. Those are two beautiful areas not far away from Banff. We took a little walk and talked a lot. I'm am so amazed by all the nature that surrounds me. Yes, we also have trees and mountains, but this amount is incredibble. And there is wildlife all around. Cute wildlife and dangerous one.
Ground Squirrel (cute wildlife)
Day 8 - Moving


Because I can't sleep forever on the couch I decided to move to the 'Banff International Hostel' for a whole week. This week is also my limit to find a job. If not I will go somwhere else. 


Hostel sign
Left's Lucy - Right's mine
It seems like everybody in Banff owns a Skate- or Longboard. It sucks to walk around the whole time and even if it is a small village, everything tooks forever. That's why I bought a cruiser. And I love it! I am super fast now and can explore Banff.



Day 9 - It`s sunday

And I am super sick. I catched a bad cold. I think because of the greyhound bus. It was super cold, like in a fridge. Nobody told me and that's why I froze for 13 1/2 hrs. I don't feel well and that's why I use the day to do some job reserch. I also buy food. Even on sunday, everything is open. That is crazy. Useful but crazy.


Daily view

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen